Wednesday, October 15, 2014

#MonthlyMani: Think Pink

This month's theme for our #MonthlyMani link-up was Think Pink in honor of October being National Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

I like to use these monthly mani posts to experiment with different nail polish techniques and this month is no different.  I decided to do a random dot design using different color pinks over a white background.

{Pure Ice Tease, OPI Suzi's Hungary Again, CHI Ring Around the Roses, OPI Tutti Frutti Tonga, Pure Ice Super Star}

I started out with 2 coats of white.


Next I used a Q-tip to add some dots of one shade of pink.


Then I added more dots of the other shades of pink with the Q-tip.  I tried to make them as random as possible.


They didn't photograph well, but they look pretty cool in person.  It's almost like a watercolor effect.  It kind of reminds me of a Monet, only with pink instead of green and blue.  I think it would be fun to try an ombre effect next time with the dot technique.

I also did these pink nails a couple months ago.  They would've worked great for this month's theme too. :)

Check out how the other ladies did their nails:

Kristi from Alligator Toe
Piniel from Pins-Place
Justine from The Two Cent Chick
Jacki and Lesli from Sistas from Cali
Marlena from Here, Pretty Kitty
Tracy-Ann from Mint Statement



Follow Me on Bloglovin'! ~ Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram ~ Pinterest

5 comments:

  1. Very cute and quirky, love the dotted nails. Also, I might be late to the party on this, but love the blog design!

    Miche from Buttons and Birdcages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Miche! They definitely turned out a bit more quirky than I thought they would but it's fun. :)

      Delete
  2. Ooh I love the polka dots in different shades of pink! Also, why is it so hard to photograph nails?? The ombre on my nails has a really cool gradient look to it, but it was SO HARD to get in photos haha! Either way, I love the layered polka dot look you went for - gorgeous!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristi! Your pictures always look so good. I think I need to take my photos earlier in the day and use natural lighting - the inside lights always make a weird reflection on my nails. That is my goal for next month. :)

      Delete
  3. I LOVE how this turned out! Very watercolor-esque but still polka dotty :) Great job! I agree too, it's hard to take good pictures of a mani. Mine always look better in person too haha

    ReplyDelete