Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Weeks 16 and 17: Embracing the Bump!

Since I missed last week's update, here's a look at the last 2 weeks.  I can no longer hide the bump.  My pants are getting tighter every day and I know it won't be long before I'll have to try the rubber band trick.  I need to find some long shirts or a band for my pants if I do that.

I started a new job on Monday, and the only unfortunate part is that I have to wear business casual Monday through Thursday (I could wear jeans everyday at my prior job) and almost none of my dress pants fit anymore!  They have a lot less stretch than jeans. :-/  So the plan is to wear dresses until I figure out this rubber band thing with my dress pants.  I'm really excited about my new job other than that though!  I now have my own office and only have to work half days on Fridays!  Woohoo!




In other pregnancy news, I now have to deal with going to the bathroom more often!  I didn't notice much of a difference until last week.  I've been having to get up during the night which really stinks and makes me feel more tired in the morning.  Also, it's not too often, but every once in awhile I will feel like I have to go literally 2 minutes after I went.  Sorry if that is TMI, hehe. #pregnancyproblems



In better news, I have much more energy and have been more consistent with working out.  My skin is looking a thousand times better than it did just a few weeks ago too, which makes me very happy.  

The baby is supposed to double in size in the next few weeks, so I'm a little nervous about how that's going to go!  I'll be lathering up my stomach in lotion and shea butter and cocoa butter to do my best to prevent stretch marks!  Haha.  :)

Past Pregnancy Posts:
Week 15
Pregnancy Announcement and Weeks 11-14


Follow Me on Bloglovin'! ~ Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram ~ Pinterest

10 comments:

  1. I hope that my skin starts to clear up like you said yours is! It's driving me crazy!!
    I ordered a couple of those belly bands which should be here any day now, definitely ready for those, because I'm in the same boat with the dress pants not fitting anymore.
    Good luck with the new job! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley! I think I jinxed myself bc my skin broke out again over the weekend. Dang pregnancy hormones! :-/

      Delete
  2. Ahhh so exciting though! You look gorgeous, good luck with the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the new job is going well! Love these updates!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Justine! The new job is going well so far! :)

      Delete
  4. I'm so happy for you!
    congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all CONGRATS on the new job. Wonderful that you have your own space now and Fridays are half day. Yayyy :)) Also you look AMAZING. <3 For me second trimester was always the best and yours look similar. You are absolutely glowing, and look beautiful my dear. In terms of pants I would recommend investing in a maternity pant for work. I was only able to use the elastic for a couple weeks in the beginning ( maybe you'll have more luck :)) a black maternity pants, and LOTS of dresses were lifesavers. Have a lovely week lovely, XOXO, Elif

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Elif! That is great advice to get black pants since they will go with everything! Now I just have to find ones that I like! :)

      Delete