Wednesday, August 20, 2014

#MonthlyMani: Romance in Bloom

Happy hump day, friends! This is the second edition of the Monthly Mani and this month's theme is Romance in Bloom.  When I think of romance, I think of soft pinks and flowers.  I decided to stick with 2 shades of pink and do a split color design on my nails.

The Supplies:
OPI Mimosas for Mr. & Mrs.
OPI Top Coat
Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Hardener (for base coat)
Painters Tap
Scissors


First I applied the base coat and the Tutti Frutti Tonga color (the darker pink).


Next, I cut the painters tape to small pieces to block a diagonal half of each nail so I could paint the other half in the lighter pink color (Mimosas for Mr & Mrs). 


2nd color applied.


Then I removed the tape.  I've used masking tape in the past and every once in awhile it would strip part of the base coat before so I decided to try painters tape this time.  I was almost successful.  Part of the base coat did peel off on one of my nails (grrrr).  I probably just needed to be more careful when I removed the tape.


I added the top coat and ta-da! Pretty, romantic nails. :)


Check out how the other lovely ladies interpreted this month's theme!
Kristi from Alligator Toe
Piniel from Pins-Place
Justine from The Two Cent Chick
Jacki and Lesli from Sistas from Cali
Emmy from That Cheap B****
Megan from Eclecticity
Marlena from Here, Pretty Kitty
Angie from hashtagRANDOM
Brooklyn from thesparklinprep
Tracy-Ann from Mint Statement



Follow Me on Bloglovin'! ~ Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram ~ Pinterest

8 comments:

  1. Such a fun mani! Love the colors your picked.

    xo, Mandy
    Saguaros & Stilettos

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I've had terrible luck in the past with tape of varying kinds, but have never used painter's tape, makes sense to try it! Did you rip it off fast or slow? I think I am too quick and then it just picks up the paint underneath.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marlena! I ripped the tape off slower and only had an issue with one nail (not sure what I did different with that one - I may not have sealed it well enough at the beginning and maybe wet nail polish got under it). Let me know how it goes for you if you give it a try!

      Delete
  3. Now this is the kind of "nail art" I think I could handle haha...it's so pretty! I'm going to have to try this out soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Justine! It turns out so nice and it's deceptively easy to do! :) Let me know how it turns out if you give it a try!

      Delete
  4. Ooh Erika, your nails came out beautifully!! I love the two-tone pink design, it's perfect for the theme! I tried this once, but I was too impatient, ripped the tape off too early and totally screwed it up haha! Oh well, your nails are gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristi! Yeah, it definitely is hard to wait until the polish dries, I get impatient while waiting too! Haha :)

      Delete