Friday, January 31, 2014

Wear Red Day

Hello and happy Friday!  This is my second day back from Belize and let me tell you, I'd much rather be lounging on the beach than dealing with this cold weather!  Haha.  I know many of you are experiencing colder temps than down here ~ I hope you are staying warm!

Next Friday is National Wear Red Day.  I'd like to take a moment to talk about this.  Of course I like any holiday that is somewhat fashion related, but this is important because it is bringing awareness to the number one killer of women in the US: heart disease.  I'm a bit of a health fanatic, and it saddens me that so many women die of heart disease when it can be prevented through healthier eating and exercise.  I won't preach about that here, but do me a favor and make at least one healthier choice this upcoming week, such as choosing grilled chicken over fried or subbing a salad for fries.  Your body will thank you for it. :)

So please join me next Friday in wearing red to support this great cause.  You can read more about National Wear Red Day here.

Here are some of my favorite red items currently on the market.  I recently purchased the red Limited jacket and love it!  I will probably put together an outfit around that for next Friday.  Many of these could also work for Valentine's Day which is in 2 weeks!  I'll have another post sometime next week with different items for Valentines.




No comments:

Post a Comment